Saturday, February 14, 2015

A Happy Valentine's Morning

Tradition finds me up early on Valentine's morning setting up the breakfast table with something fun.  Because we ventured into the city last night, we were able to pick up some Krispy Kreme...so my breakfast gift was fun and easy today.  





Tradition has it for Daddy to add in some treats and a note.  And a sweet Valentine's card from Great Grandmother (Gigi) is added to the mix.  This is what the children wake up to, and it's really inviting.





My big dilemma is going to be how to ration these caramels.  Really, is there anything better than chocolate-covered caramel??  Okay...maybe there are some better things, but this ranks right up there.




So we're off to a beautiful morning.  I'm choosing joy.  And not because it's perfect over here.  And not because things are peachy wonderful all the time.  HA...take a look in my journal before misunderstanding me in that area!  But sometimes we simply CHOOSE JOY.  We choose love.  We choose to breathe in the country air (or city air or whatever you have in your corner of this planet), and we choose to find joy in the simple things.  Heart-shaped plates and fun napkins and jelly beans that taste like soda flavors (Dr. Pepper completely rocks, by the way).  



I choose joy today.  Because God is good.  ALL THE TIME.