Thursday, January 22, 2015

About This Blog...


Ever have one of those refocusing moments in your life?  Those times when you seem to be picked up by God and set on the sidelines for awhile...to watch, observe, listen, quiet down, breathe in and out.  I've had what seem to be 100 of those such moments since we moved here to Texas.  My blog has reflected this quiet sidelines position.  I've been blogging sporadically at best.  Those of you who have asked me specific questions and have been awaiting a blog post in answer...well, your patience is golden.  

I seemed to fall into the new year not quite ready for it to roll out just yet.  So here I am on the 22nd day of January pulling out my New Year's horn and finally ready to step into 2015.  Yep, slow start.  Ahh, but it does come with some improvements...including some time I've purposely set aside to keep this blog more current.  So Happy New Year, and off we go...




Let me back up before I move forward...  When I began blogging, I mainly was putting down my spiritual journey and thoughts onto screen.  Though I gave this blog address to very few people, I was utterly humbled at how many people would approach me at the park or grocery store or via email saying that so-and-so sent them a link to a certain blog post and how God spoke to them personally through it.  Other sweet moms asked me to blog specifics of our organic learning style.  And still others who visited our home wanted me to share things like how to make a house feel like a cozy home, how to organize their homes and homeschool areas, etc.  So, during my hiatus when God pulled me aside to give me time to think and observe, He showed me that He was gifting me with a very specific job in sharing these things here on this simple, off-the-beaten-path blog.  I hadn't seen this blog as a specific job assignment from Him, and I honestly wondered why y'all asked me to help you when I myself don't have all the answers and sometimes cannot even find my own cell phone!  But when God opens my eyes to follow Him, I do try to follow and do what He's calling me to do.    

All of that to say: I plan to be here in my blog spot more faithfully.

Good Lord willing, I'll start back up with journaling some organic learning as it unfolds.  And for those of you who have literally been waiting over a year for me to blog about making a house feel homey, I really do have that in the wings.  Soon, very soon.




For all of you sweet people back in the beautiful mountains of Georgia who have kept in contact with cards and email and texts since we moved, thank you, thank you, thank you.  I miss you and treasure you in my heart as special friends.  For all my Texas friends and family who have welcomed us back with open arms, you've been amazing!  And for my new friends who are just stumbling upon this blog, welcome...and I hope you find this blog spot to have some hidden treasures.