Thursday, November 22, 2012

Committing All Our Ways to Him

Two lone photos uploaded successfully to Blogger.  Two out of 15 or so that I wanted to upload...all photos from the past few days of Thanksgiving preparation and celebration.  Nothing worked to alleviate the problem of the other distorted uploads.  I gave up and logged off. 

Grumbling on Thanksgiving...  About irritating blogs and ridiculous photo issues...oh, and something about my creative outlet being ripped out of my hands.  Thanksgiving grumblings.  Grumble-givings?  Whatever you want to call it, I was deep in the thick of it when a familiar correction in my spirit stopped me.

Why isn't it enough?  Why aren't those 2 photos that DID upload enough?

I turned those questions around in my mind until I met face-to-face with the answer...  MY PLANS.  I was highly irritated because MY PLANS were altered.  Those 2 photos were not enough because it threw MY PLAN out the window.  It completely altered the blog post I wanted to write.

He reminded me again that it is HIS blog.  My life is HIS.  And HIS plans are to be my plans.

I climbed into bed and pulled my laptop out, sensing that even with only 2 photos, He wanted me to blog about something else.  While my computer powered up, I grabbed my Streams in the Desert devotion book and flipped through November's readings.

Right there, He met me in those pages of that devotional...delivering a hand-carved message right at the exact moment He was teaching me:

"We shall find it impossible to commit our way unto the Lord, unless it be a way that he approves.  It is only by faith that a man can commit his way unto the Lord; if there be the slightest doubt in the heart that 'our way' is not a good one, faith will refuse to have anything to do with it.  This committing of our way must be continuous, not a single act.  However extraordinary and unexpected may seem to be His guidance, however near the precipice He may take you, you are not to snatch the guiding reins out of His hands.  Are we willing to have all our ways submitted to God, for Him to pronounce judgment on them?"

Am I willing to have ALL my ways submitted to God?  All MY plans?  Even the little irritations like when photos won't upload to a blog post (and I had a really good plan for that blog post!)?  Or big things like when our plans for our 4th child were radically altered with a stillbirth?  Do I submit?  Do I trust?

Am I willing to let Him pronounce judgment on my plans?  My plans on little things like what to write...or bigger things like where to live or how to invest my days on this earth?

He's ever-teaching, ever-guiding...even at nearly 1:00 am...